Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A star (hairstyle) is born

When I was about 10, and at my happy place- the salon, I remember divulging a secret to my mother and my hairstylist at the time, Todd. The secret was that  "I had always wanted the hair of that singer with the nose, and the great voice, that my mom just loved; and would hope to keep that as my signature hairstyle well into maturity."  Pretty juicy, huh? Any guesses on who said singer was/and still is? Duh, it's Babs. Barbra Streisand to those of you that don't know her personally. It's likely that she was promoting The Prince of Tides at the time.

I am a firm believer that what you usually love when you are little (food, movies, colors, hairstyles) will for the most part stay with you through adulthood. For example, I still love the same baby names that I did when I was younger; jewel tones are still my favorite; and my dream was ALWAYS to work in a salon. I could keep going. Think for yourself, you might be surprised at how little has changed (in the best way possible). Well, you guessed it...this is still my favorite haircut/color and I have a varied version of it all of the time.  Now if I could just these bangs to grow out.

If you have been on pinterest, you have more than likely seen the "lob" (long bob) photos of Jennifer Aniston and Gwyneth Paltrow. They definitely bring a more modern feel to this classic cut, which is basically a grown out inverted bob, as I sort of mentioned. We have to give credit where credit is due, though. Mrs. Brolan (or is he Mr. Streisand) has been rocking this look for 20+ years, with her perfect highlights, and not to mention perfect nails. This look is so timeless. Believe it or not, I don't like a lot of fuss, and I can't stand to style my own hair. There's that pesky laziness, again. I do, however, like to look put together. Easily done here.

My hair is a little too long and layered, to be totally rocking this look. Hello, wedding hair. Enjoy yourself now, because in September, you are history.
Maybe for my next beauty post, you'll get a video, or at least a picture of yours truly. Better do something with these roots before I let that happen. (I'm not a natural blonde! Shocker!)

Until next time,
Luci XO

No comments:

Post a Comment