Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Let's just get this first post out of the way..

Here we go...


I have been thinking about doing this for a very long time. It just took a lazy Tuesday night, with my fiance hogging the "good tv" to play Call of Duty to actually do it. 

So, what can you expect from me? Awesome question. Being that I am a pretty common girl in her  late 20's early 30's, I guess it is safe to say that I will be sharing things mostly girly, homey, and foodie...your typical "lifestyle" blog. I work as a hairstylist, and while I will definitely be sharing in that department, don't expect anything quite at this level yet (I mean, posting videos? yikes!) 

What can I expect? Pshhh..your guess is as good as mine. Will I get to do giveaways? Will anyone care? Will I be contacted to write my own book, and subsequently host my own talk show? Will Andy Cohen and I become besties? Will I know how to post pictures on here? Oh, the questions are endless. Might as well just kick back with a glass of champs (that's Real Housewives talk for champagne) and enjoy the ride that no one will care about.

Why the name? Amazing how I just know the questions you're hoping I will answer, isn't it? Honestly, I just kept coming back to it. I love the idea of being a little bit "Stepford" (hey, we're supposed to be honest here), and thank goodness my fiance thinks the idea of anyone being too "Stepford" is sad, and morally wrong, I am just too darn lazy to get that point even if I wanted to. While I like to bake, and make our little apartment feel like a home, I like a good shortcut more. The perfect day for me is work enough to feel productive, work out enough to break a sweat (now if I could just do that a tad more), get in some time with friends or family, cook or clean something- just anything, even if its just sweep the floors, and have a little tv time. That last part is where the laziness comes in. Lately, I have been enjoying that part a bit too much. I blame the extended winter. Here's hoping sharing some of my life with all of you, will make me branch out a little more in my everyday life. 

I hate to bore you with the "whys" so I will leave it at that, and jump right in the next time. You can expect a Barbra Streisand inspired post, Pinterest DIY beauty treatments, favorite things, some wedding stuff (and no, I am not a "wife" yet as the blog suggests, but it was just easier this way. Trust me), and so on, and so on..

Until next time, 
Luci XO

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy! This is Tiffany from Tiffany Kuehl Designs. But I also have a personal blog that I am DYING to follow you through. I saw your comment on Rebecca's (Mommy in Heels) blog and clicked through. I am so glad I did because I can tell by this post that we would just click! You are too freaking funny, and so honest!

    I can't wait to read more!

    Ps. Add a followers gadget so people can easily follow, or sign up for a bloglovin account. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy! I'm Ashlie and I'm a blogger over at Love Wrapped Up! I'm so glad I found your blog! I found it through Rebecca @ Mommy in heels. I'm excited to start reading your posts too! I'm a new follower with Bloglovin'!

    http://lovewrappedup.blogspot.co.nz/

    x

    ReplyDelete