Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lazy Cooking and Baking

Believe it or not, I have been pretty busy in the kitchen lately, and I have loved every single moment. I haven't been reinventing the wheel or anything (should I have said the cheese wheel, there? Didn't think so)

Let's just get down to it:

Anthony is working a pretty bad schedule this month. No fun, but it does mean that I cook a little more. He doesn't have time, and I like him to come home to something nice. I was craving Planet Hollywood's Cap'n Crunch Chicken, which is weird for a few reasons. Not because that doesn't sound delicious, but because I'm pretty sure I haven't been to a Planet Hollywood in like, 15 years. Has anyone? I had seen a "pretzel honey mustard chicken" recipe on, you guessed it, Pinterest, but couldn't find if I had pinned it, so I just googled it, and picked the first one that came up. 

Recipe that I did here for Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken.

My finished product:
Couple things..The homemade marinade/dip is in the background. Don't get it twisted: Please do not dip your finished chicken into what you dipped your raw chicken into. I pretty much followed this exactly. Next time, I don't think that will be necessary, although it was SO good. We also had french fries that night. Don't let the chicken and veggies fool you. This was an easy, and really yummy, one.

Next up: Pinwheels for an Easter appetizer. I had been seeing recipes all over for "pinwheels" with lots of different options. The only consistent thing is that you use frozen puffed pastry, then jack it up with whatever you want. Love that!

I filled my thawed puffed pastry with prociutto, asiago cheese, and a little honey mustard. Similar recipe here

Finished guys straight out of the oven:
They looked even better on their serving plate
I would do this again, anytime that I entertain. So easy, and everyone seemed to love them. A few ideas I have are using jelly as a filling..or nutella...or a pizza version. Really whatever sounds good at the time.

Speaking of easy..S'more treats. A friend had requested something totally different for a dinner together one night, and well, I took the easy way out. I'm positive this has been done before. In fact, my friend Brooke and I made a similar version of this. Believe it or not, this was even easier than what we had did. If you haven't guessed by the name, this was pretty much a cereal square (think Rice Krispy Treats) but in s'more version.

I followed the Rice Krispy Treat recipe, but used: Golden Grahams Cereal, threw in some chocolate chips, and even drizzled some melted chocolate on top, to make it look like I did at least something.
I've been known to make different versions of Rice Krispy Treats. A favorite was using Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I love cereal, and will eat it in any version that I possibly can. The best, to me, is out of the box, in front of the tv.

I could probably just dedicate a post to another blog, alone. The Mix and Match Mama makes things that make sense to me. The recipes are nice to serve to company, and are really easy, and fairly healthy. Plus, Shay, the author, is just so darn cute! I have made a few things based on her blog. In fact, the pinwheel idea kinda stemmed from there. In case you haven't noticed, I like a recipe that you can change up. Psh, I don't need rules. Shay has a ton of customizable recipes.

A recent favorite, her Chicken Pot Pie.

I followed it pretty closely, except I used Crescent Rolls, instead of Grands for my topping. I would eat a shoe if it had a Crescent Roll wrapped around it. And if it was a really expensive shoe.

My finished Chicken Pot Pie:
So pretty, so yummy, and so comforting after a long day for my Doc. This was so easy, that it was almost embarrassing. 



Happy cooking, friends! 



No comments:

Post a Comment