Friday, April 19, 2013

Stepford Ramblings

Happy Friday! It feels a little strange to be starting a post about hair and shoes, when is there is so much going on in Boston. I was going to catch up on my Bravo DVR's while I wrote this, but thought it smart to at least put the news on..


*While I have been feeling pretty good about all of my "bridal styling" there has been one thing that I just cannot decide on. I may decide on the morning of August 31, and that's fine. It's what to do with my hair. I have it narrowed down to 2 options. However, each hairstyle requires a different haircut. Maybe. Unless I can get pretty clever.

Option one is an updo. I mean, you have to have an updo option. Without giving away too much, my dress is sexy. I'm 30,  it's fine. My first inspiration for styling this most-wonderful dress, is Sophia Loren. If I wear my hair up, it will be big, tousled, and maybe even a little messy.

The thing is, I don't like updos. From day to day, I do wear my hair up a lot (well, I did...keep reading for the most exciting thing going on right now.) My hair typically goes into a ponytail, because it frustrates me. Plain and simple. Well, my other option was a "lob" (see here for the original inspiration.) If this were the case, I would wear my hair down, on wedding day, but blown out to perfection! Honestly, I think I would feel more like me.

My mom and I were discussing this the other night, and while I think she's toeing the line of updo, she is so wise, and suggested that I cut it now, at least a little bit, and see how it feels. And by now, like as soon as possible, in case it needed to grow back. That's where we are now. I got that mess cut off yesterday afternoon! I feel like myself. I also feel like Faye Dunaway, circa 1978. (I love a good reference that no one my age gets, in case you haven't noticed.) It still grazes my shoulders. Nothing too crazy happened. I told my friend Katie, that my long hair was bringing me down, and was the reason that I was snacking so much at night. I will justify anything.

I don't have any pictures right now, because it's first thing in the morning, and my photographer is at work. Rude, right? The girls and I are going out for dinner tonight, so hopefully we'll get some good pictures.

So far the "poll" I've been taking, on updo vs. styled lob for the wedding, is pretty split. It will come down to what I feel the best in. My friend, Scott had my favorite idea so far. Both! Up for the ceremony, blown out for the reception. This would require some major logistic planning, but isn't impossible.

Everything else has been pretty easy to decide so far...and then the hair thing came up.

*Totally unrelated, but let's talk boyfriend jeans, and subsequently shoes. About twice a year, for the last 3 years, I set out on a very specific shopping excursion. It's the quest for the perfect boyfriend or skinny jean. I always leave with the same attitude. Discouraged, fat (I know, I know, really...), and like the jean think is pretty much hopeless. Don't get me wrong, in the right pair of jeans, I feel fine. Skinnies have just not been my friend, and finding the perfect boyfriend jean (which I really love the look of) has been impossible. Last week, for a nice night out with my man, I had some fabulous new wedges that I wanted to show off. I just didn't know what to wear with them! I was planning the outfit around the shoes, so it was non-negotiable. I had to get a little creative, and this happened..

I cuffed a pair of jeans. Jeans that never let me down in the fit department. And ya know what? I liked it. I've been doing this a lot since, actually. These are bootcuts, so they get a little bit of a weird flair if I'm not careful, but it works.

These jeans are from Nordstrom Rack, not sure the brand (they're in the other room dryer.) I highly recommend shopping for good denim at Nordstrom Rack. I have had the best luck there.

Shoes are from Gabrielle Bothers, and they were $10.99. I haven't taken them off since I bought them 2 weeks ago. Now that I think about it, they were strays over near the dressing room. I hope I didn't take anyone's shoes...

*Totally not girly-stuff related, but my parent's new dog's name has been changed from Caliber to Chandler.  He loves it, and we love TV in our family, so it was a no-brainer.

My brother said it best: "Could I be any cuter?"

No comments:

Post a Comment