Sunday, June 2, 2013

Catching Up


Ok, I have been totally MIA. Psh, sorrynotsorry. I've been busy, and feeling like a mind explosion has been just around the corner. I'm kind of over it now. Chalk it up to hormones, wedding planning, and getting back into a routine (work, workout, at home, and otherwise.) Plus, because I am trying to be a more positive bride-to-be, I will say that we have been busy doing a ton of fun stuff. So much so, that I haven't felt like writing about life, just livin' it man. Enjoy this random rambling. These are the posts that come the easiest. Pretty sure my brain is always going a mile a minute, not about anything super serious, so here's a glimpse into it (it's filled with glitter, visions of wedding anything and everything, and upbeat jams)



*Obvi, as I write this, I am watching the new season of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. I still don't know what everyone is fighting about, and I even watched the marathon leading up to it. I felt that I owed it to myself to watch it all over again (again as in, like, the 17th time/episode).  In fact, we are 27 minutes in, and I'm a little bored so far; but I will not give up on my girls. Looking forward to the Kardashians being back tonight. Speaking of the Kardashians, say what you want about them, and I probably will agree with you, but they are fascinating, and I love them. That also means that I will be missing Game of Thrones, which Anthony watches. I try, and well, I get confused. I will however, keep referring to him and anyone else as "Your Grace" in my best British accent, because it's fun.

*Speaking of the Kardashians, I don't care how it happens, but I want my wedding make-up to look like a Karsashian face. Give me smokey eyes, contouring, and your best tranny-glam.

*..Speaking of the wedding (see how I did that?) I think I have the hair figured out. The key is not to tell anyone. That's where I get into my head, and start to doubt myself. I am back to my original favorite look (I don't even think it's anything that I've written about) and it feels like such a no-brainer, going back to square one. We'll see how the trial goes, but I am feeling good about it.

And yes Mom, I will end up telling you.

*As I write this, and watch my Housewives, I am wearing a beach coverup, my glasses, and...wait for it...my wedding shoes (hey, they need to be stretched out) and my wedding bands that we got yesterday. They look beyond gorgeous with my oh-so-special engagement ring, and I don't want to take them off.  So, in other words, I look awesome and really pulled together on this Sunday night.

*I know so many people that have recently gotten engaged, and some that have even started planning! It is SO fun to share the excitement. I have much more of an appreciation now for the planning process, and how much work it can be; but also how fun and bonding it can be for the couple. Plus, I love seeing everyone's ideas, and how personal you can make your special day. You should all know, that if we are facebook friends and you've gotten married, I've looked at your wedding pictures at least twice. It's not even a matter of getting ideas, because we (I) pretty much know what we want; but just seeing how it all came together, and what made it your day. It's a love fest.

*I have started thinking about our little details- you know the place cards, favor stuff, guestbook, how to do the seating chart. This is not my favorite kind of job. Boooorrrrring. So I figure I'll try to get a head start. I think my best bet is going to be the Antique Depot in Duncansville. Looking for: a huge mirror (found a bunch, but it's just a matter of comparing prices), dark and plain wine bottles, that will fit in this awesome wall plaque that we got at our shower (guestbook idea); and I also need to go into our local printing place, and see what kind of signage they can make for us for certain things. Totally fascinating right? Really, it's written here so that I don't forget.

*Until I actually get my shower post up (it might just be easier to wait at this point, and do a post for both showers #firstworldproblems #imgettingtwoshowers) I wanted to at least share a detail. What stands out, besides how beautiful everything was, is the food. The girls served comfort food: my favorite. Along with amazing desserts, we had grilled cheese and tomato soup, and ham & cheese sliders. I was in heaven! 

*I started a post about our quick Cedar Point trip, which was awesome, but really I could fit my favorite details into this bullet. One, to spend that time one-on-one with Anthony was priceless. We laughed the whole time, and had a blast. My phone died halfway through the day, and it was the best thing that could have happened. Accessiblity is highly overrated. Especially when all you want is time alone with your honey.

The best part about the day though, is that the experience brought out my fiance's childlike side. Anthony has an amazing and admirable ability to make any situation fun and silly. It is hands down, my favorite thing about him. I wouldn't say intern year of residency has completely sucked that out of him, but it's been close.

Anthony got me to ride a roller coaster. This is HUGE. I won't say which one, because it is laughable. But I survived. Through the screaming and holding back tears, I faced a fear, and actually had a really good time in doing so. Now, you may be thinking "why is this girl going to Disney World on her honeymoon, if she's terrified of rides?" You might not be thinking that, but if you are, read on: It's dips that I can't handle. Heights don't bother me at all, but that drop freaks me out. A ride can spin and go from side-to-side, and I will love it. Now, at Disney World, let's just say there are 100 rides there, but only about 5 that I won't ride. Still totally worth it. Plus, Disney World is my favorite place. Plain and simple.

*And just for good measure, some recent pictures:



Bowling with friends last night

Before we walked into Cedar Point

Poor dude riding rides alone. At least I was there to take his picture..?


I thought I had more photos on my phone, but I have to delete them pretty fast, to make room for all of my various wedding ideas. Check out my instagram: Luci1220 if you want to stalk a little more. There's no shame, we all do it. 


Happy reading, friends! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment