Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My Own List

Lately I have been seeing some really good lists, if you will, pop up onto blogs. These lists usually entail funny tips on raising kids (also helpful for this nanny), or "30 things to do before 30".. Ok, so here's the thing: the raising kid stuff is adorable, and will be helpful someday, just not really yet; and the "30 before 30" stuff? Well, I kind of have an issue with it. Hear me out. I don't think you should limit your fun or goals to a certain year or timeframe. I personally picture myself conquering the world (or maybe just traveling more) as an older woman. Ya know, when I have the time and money. One of those I have plenty of, one- hardly any. I'll let you guess. Also, I might just be weird on this "30 before 30" thing because I read someone's once that was sprinkled with complaints of "getting old" and whose goals included going bowling.  To each their own, I suppose. But please, 29 is not old. 29 is fabulous, and it just gets better. 

So in total Carrie Bradshaw getting her shoes stolen at Tatum O'Neal's party style, I thought it would be fun to share my ways of surviving these late 20's-early 30's, as a somewhat still selfish, childless for now, wife to be. 

*life is short, and you should eat what you want. Some may not agree with that, but I think it's safe to say I have surrendered to the ways of food. Has this gotten harder, the older I've gotten? Heck yes, it has. The thing is, I don't love salads, so I don't eat that much. I do try to be healthy, but if I want a burger, I'll get one.

*on that note, find what kind of work out you like, and stick with it. Luckily, I actually love working out, and figure it kind of balances out the eating. Now, if I exercised like I usually do, while eating healthy and light all of the time, I might look bangin' but that sounds miserable and not worth it to me. I'm ok with how I look. I need some hips to fill out that wedding dress anyway. I also think exercise is the best thing to keep you young.

*know your family's medical history. I know, where did that come from? Yawn. When I have days where I am unmotivated to work out (as much as I enjoy it, it can be misery getting started), I remember the fact that my brother and I are now prone to stroke, and my Dad said the best thing to prevent it, is exercise. I feel somedays, even a good walk is better than a vigorous work out. You can ward off so many illnesses that way. Know what you're prone to, and at least educate yourself on what to do to prevent it.

*i don't know about all of you, but I couldn't get tan fast enough, back in the day. That's embarrassing. I do love to be tan, and think everything looks better tan, but unless I have a week at the beach, the damage to my skin just isn't worth it. I notice a lot of younger girls (like, early 20's) who are always tan, naturally thin, and they are hot without trying. I will probably never look like that again, and I really don't feel like trying. 

As far as spray tanning? It is a great invention, but it just looks weird on me. I would rather have just a little bit of natural sun. Otherwise, I embrace the pale. Lighter skin is angelic and pure. Two words that have never been used to describe me. 

*speaking of skin, invest in good products, if you haven't yet. They don't have to hundreds of dollars, but be consistent, and exfoliate when you can

*enjoy your free time and sleep now, because (I have a feeling) once those babies come along, the sleep party is over. 

I might be missing somethings, but these are just little ways that I embrace this phase of my life. Every year seems to get better, so I can't wait to see what else is in store. 


I want to throw in a little wedding tidbit, here, as well: 

I am on a huge Say Yes to the Dress kick. Can't get enough. But can we please discuss the grooms going along to help pick out the dress?! It comes off as weird and controlling, and it irritates me. 


Feels good to be back at it! I am feeling inspired to write a post dedicated to our wonderful Bryn, the flower girl. Look for that sometime soon-ish! 



No comments:

Post a Comment